Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DayZ
Who all is gonna play Arma2 with the DayZ mod?

For those who don't know what it is, Its a pretty realistic Zombie mod for Arma2 Combined Operations.

http://dayzmod.com/

I'll look into it if I can find my Arma2 + expansion discs.
When walking in open territory, bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they don’t stop, destroy them.

[Image: COMIC_DayZ.png]
lmfao so true!!!
So this is MP as well?? Can you set up a dedicated server? Doin' a lil more reading on it. Looks like they maintain the server.. bummer. ARMA2 CO is still $30 on STEAM and Amazon. Anyone actually play this mod yet? Looks like it could be a decent (albeit kinda fugly) time burner. But I wanna hear from someone I know who has actually played it first.
[Image: stabbinhobo.png]
Nothing beats the hobo life, stabbin folks with my hobo knife..
Cloak and I play it a lot. It burns a lot of time. Very hard game and hard to figure out the controls. The servers are dedicated and hold around 20 - 100 people 40 people is the normal. The game is very fun because it is all about staying alive. You don't know what players are friendly or hostile. Its a true zombie movie type of game. You have to eat and drink. No pissing or sleeping. You break bones, loose blood, pass out, and die. Solo play is very hard. Coop is much better. You can find cars but they are broken and need to be repaired by finding parts through out the map. The map is large and is not an easy area to travel. Game is in alpha so it can be buggy. The game is only multi player. The 30.00 is well worth the price for the game. I would tell every one to buy it but some don't have enough time to play a game like this.
One of the best features about the mod is that you're character is shared through all the servers. So if you leave a server and join another your player/toon/character will be in the exact place you left off at in the other server.

(07-06-2012, 05:01 PM)BenderRodriguz Wrote: The game is very fun because it is all about staying alive. You don't know what players are friendly or hostile. Its a true zombie movie type of game. You have to eat and drink. No pissing or sleeping. You break bones, loose blood, pass out, and die.

This game also keeps you quick on your feet, there is a learning curve here. You make a mistake it may kill you, but you will learn from it. One of the things I find the most fun about this mod is the unknown. You never know if/when your going to die. A good example of this is when your low on medical supplies and you need to run into one of the towns/cities and find the hospital and stock back up on blood bags, bandages or even some morphine for that broken leg you will get in the near future. Now there may or may not be some guy on a roof or out in a hill with his sniper rifle watching the hospital waiting for some poor sob looking for supplies to show and decides to take them out for their loot.

It's also a 225 km2 open world with ZOMBIES!!!!!!!! nuff said Tongue
So how long till we get choppa's full of OSW?

Tongue
[Image: stabbinhobo.png]
Nothing beats the hobo life, stabbin folks with my hobo knife..
It's not easy at all to get rides. I have not see one form of transportation that is repairable in the game.
Okay... So, I bought my Tiamat's... and I bought Arma II... in the process of downloading it while I am away tonight.
"Boldly they rode and well,
Into the jaws of Death,
Into the mouth of Hell
Rode the six hundred."

~ Alfred Tennyson ~