Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New AMD Cards on the way.
I was looking for driver updates and noticed that they have posted a HD7 series of drivers now. ... that was fast!

I won't be getting one anytime soon of course; it will be just a bit too spendy and I'll wait until I've read a few reviews. It's also likely that they jumped the gun a bit. Then again, I haven't really looked into it as I'm on my way out the door to work.

Just FYI! Cool
(01-10-2012, 09:05 AM)Duper Wrote: I was looking for driver updates and noticed that they have posted a HD7 series of drivers now. ... that was fast!

I won't be getting one anytime soon of course; it will be just a bit too spendy and I'll wait until I've read a few reviews. It's also likely that they jumped the gun a bit. Then again, I haven't really looked into it as I'm on my way out the door to work.

Just FYI! Cool

The 7970's are already shipping and OOS on and off at the egg. Apparently these things OC like a bat outta hell.

AMD Radeon HD 7970 Overclocking Performance Review

Heavily modified and OC'd 580 vs. OC'd 7970 with a stock cooler:

[Image: 1325889231KTNbsOX8Vr_7_2.gif]

excited

Must resist urge to sell current GPU's and get a pair of these.... must.. resist... Tongue
[Image: stabbinhobo.png]
Nothing beats the hobo life, stabbin folks with my hobo knife..
now... remind me again Why I buy XFX cards???? o_0

no

~Kook
New AMD cards... are... here...

[Image: IMG_9364.jpg]

excited
What kinda power do you need for those? They're on a smaller print size. 28nm?
(01-12-2012, 02:17 PM)Duper Wrote: What kinda power do you need for those? They're on a smaller print size. 28nm?

Tahiti core 28nm. They actually are a hair more power efficient than my modified 6950's at stock speeds. Not that I plan to run them at stock for very long or anything. Tongue
LoL nice that was fast.
(01-12-2012, 03:57 PM)BenderRodriguz Wrote: LoL nice that was fast.

Ya.. well I'm weak. Anyone want to buy a slightly used first born? Tongue
I'd recommend some hockey gear to wear to bed and/or sit with your back to a corner at home!